Install on servers
Follow these instructions to install Unomaly on physical machines and virtual servers (such as VMWare, HyperV, KVM, and so on).
- Refer to the Installation overview for minimum installation requirements.
- To upgrade your Unomaly instance, refer to the "Upgrade Instructions".
1. Download the latest version of the Unomaly ISO file.
2. Transfer or mount the installation file to the machine or server that you want Unomaly on.
For virtual servers, you may need to configure your boot-up procedure to load the ISO image file.
3. Boot the ISO image and press enter to start the install.
When installation is completed, you will be prompted to log in. You can log in with the username unomaly and password unomaly. (This account is automatically created during installation.)
1. Download the latest version of the Unomaly RUN file.
2. Transfer the installation file to the server.
3. Run the file:
sudo sh unomaly-3.6.9.run
After installing Unomaly, you can complete the installation from the configuration wizard in the Unomaly web interface.
To access the Unomaly web interface, you need to the IP address of the Unomaly instance.
1. Log in to the Unomaly instance and run this command to get the IP address:
sudo ifconfig eth0
If you don't automatically assign an IP address through DHCP, you need to use the console menu to set one manually. See "The Unomaly console menu".
2. Use a supported browser to navigate to the IP address to open the web interface and the configuration wizard.
We recommend that you configure the Unomaly instance to send email notifications when there are issues with the deployment or for alerts on monitored systems. If you skipped this part of the configuration wizard, you can go to Settings > Email in the Unomaly interface to configure SMTP and email settings. See "Configure email settings".