3.5 Release notes
Unomaly 3.5 was released on July 10, 2019. (Last updated on November 25, 2019.)
Find documentation for older version of Unomaly in "Older releases".
Installs on physical and virtual servers
Installs on cloud services and upgrades
You can stay on top of our latest releases by signing up for product updates.
With 3.5.10, we offer the option to install Unomaly on any platform that supports DockerCE. We invite you to become part of our Alpha program and test out Unomaly on Docker so that we can make improvements for a public release in the first half of 2020. For more information, see "Unomaly on Docker".
In 3.5.8, we've improved the way you share anomalies and situations in Unomaly.
- Situations: Click the Share button to send the situation by email to other users. The email will contain full details about the situation and all related events, a link to the situation in Unomaly, and your message or comments about the situation.
- Anomalies: Select Share from the event's menu to send the anomaly to other users or other channels that have been configured in Settings > Plugins. As of 3.5.13, you can also share anomalies via email by configuring the Unomaly Email Plugin.
Users can access their Share History page from their account menu. The Share History page lists all the situations and anomalies that you have shared, who has viewed it, and where you sent it to. As of 3.5.10, you can also remove items that you shared from this page.
In 3.5.6, we've improved the way that Unomaly detects and analyzes parameter anomalies in your log events. Unomaly now learns the pattern of the dynamic parameter values, recognizing when values have been seen and tracking up to 100 different values for each dynamic parameter. You can query dynamic parameters in the Anomalies and Event profiles using the details side panels on those pages.
In 3.5.5, we’ve updated a recently released experimental feature to provide your anomalies in both the Situations Page and the Anomalies Page with additional information to further your investigations.
When you click an anomaly it will no longer expand, instead a new sidepanel will appear. This sidepanel will pop up to display information pertaining to the associated profile where the anomaly was triggered.
From here you can query sampled events that Unomaly received, filter and “group by” dynamic parameter values and visualize the frequency of this profile, including an indicator for when the anomaly occurred.
As with all of our experimental features, we’d love to get your feedback on this feature. Once you've had a chance to play around with it, tell us with you think in our community slack channel or by reaching out to our support team.
To enable this feature go to Settings > Experimental > Anomalies and Event profile details.
The 3.5.2 release revisits the way event profile information is presented to you. Click on an event profile to open its details sidepanel, which gives you additional details about each profile and lets you query sampled events that Unomaly receives. You can filter and “group by” on dynamic parameter values, as well as visualize the occurrences of that profile in a graph.
Event profile details is an experimental feature that you can enable in the Settings > Experimental > Anomalies & Event profile details.
In 3.5.7 we've removed the Explore feature "Workflows (beta)" due to lack of user feedback. As we continue to develop more experimental features, your feedback is important to us and can help drive future experimentation. You can use the "Was this helpful?" button on the bottom right of the Explore page features to send us your feedback.
In 3.5.9 we've removed support for upgrades to distributed deployments with Manager and Worker instances. See "Unomaly deployment architectures" for more information. If you need assistance converting your deployments to Standalone instances, we recommend contacting Unomaly Support.
These are the fixes and updates to Unomaly 3.5 versions.
November 25, 2019
Unomaly 3.5.15 includes the following changes:
- Updated the content and look of the Unomaly product Tour.
- Allows search expressions with slashes in hostname/group.
- Added an auto-update toggle for anomalies.
- Removed Standard and Limited roles for Basic Authentication (API access) user.
- Fixed an issue where new views couldn't be created in Situations and Anomalies pages. (#3652)
- Fixed an issue that caused the size of grafana.db to grow too large. (#3778)
- Fixed an issue to log when audit failures occur instead of crashing the API. (#3572, #3584)
November 18, 2019
Unomaly 3.5.14 includes the following changes:
- Added action menu options (Copy log text, Share, and so on) to the profile details side panels. These options were previously only available from event lines in Profiles and Anomalies.
- Added more details about profiles and traces to the techdump to better troubleshoot Unomaly services.
- Fixed an issue with the size of the close icon for the side panel on Firefox. (#3744)
- Fixed an issue that affected how Unomaly stores anomalous events. See "Data Storage in Unomaly".
November 12, 2019
Unomaly 3.5.13 includes the following changes:
- Added a "Load more" button that gives you real-time updates as new events stream in.
- Added the functionality to share anomalies via email. This uses a new Unomaly Email Plugin that you can configure in Settings > Plugins.
- Fixed an issue where views sometimes showed the wrong time range in the graph.
November 4, 2019
Unomaly 3.5.12 includes the following changes:
- Queries in the Profile details sidepanel now run against live data.
- Updated our receiver to no longer accept techdumps from versions prior to 3.5.12.
- Fixed a bug where migrations would fail if the databases didn't start fast enough.
October 28, 2019
Unomaly 3.5.11 includes the following changes:
- Added a Settings page for customizing Unomaly services, which were previously maintained in configuration files.
- Removed the option to turn off auto-adding new systems.
- Fixed an issue where events matching did not work for "Ignore" knowns.
- Fixed an issue to no longer trigger actions on system in training.
October 21, 2019
Unomaly 3.5.10 includes the following changes:
- Added a display for incoming events per second.
- Added a notice in Settings to tell you when the latest Unomaly upgrade is available.
- Added the ability to remove shared items from "Share history" page.
October 16, 2019
Unomaly 3.5.9 includes the following changes:
- Disabled upgrades for Manager/Worker configurations of Unomaly.
- Corrected a security issue when generating tech dumps.
- Added new certificate requirements according to https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210176
September 30, 2019
This release will no longer be available for download.
Unomaly 3.5.8 includes the following changes:
- Added a history page to track shared anomalies and situations.
- Added function for sharing individual anomalies to configured plugins, such as Slack, MS Teams, and PagerDuty.
- Removed the user account modal and replaced it with a new account page.
- Removed services and data for the deprecated "Workflows" feature.
- Deprecated and removed the HipChat plugin.
- Fixed an issue with displaying "View in Unomaly" button for MS Teams.
- Fixed an issue where the custom time picker didn't close when you click the time presets.
- Fixed an issue where settings was removed on startup if mongodb wasn't ready.
- Fixed an issue where the API was not able to connect to Mongo without restart.
- Fixed an issue where the dropdown menu on "Systems & Group" was hidden when the name is short.
September 23, 2019
Unomaly 3.5.7 includes the following changes:
- Added toggle for "systems in training" when you filter by group.
- Fixed an issue where logs in /var were not rotated quickly enough.
- Fixed an issue where selecting multiple systems in the systems view pushed buttons out of the screen.
- Fixed an issue with timestamps in the URL from situations and anomalies graphs.
- Fixed an issue where experimental features were not enabled in the UI after logging in.
- Removed "View profiles" from the menu on the profiles page.
- Removed experimental feature "Workflows (beta)".
September 11, 2019
Unomaly 3.5.6 includes the following changes:
- Implemented new parameter anomaly detection algorithm.
- Redesigned the page for Settings > Plugins.
- Fixed a newline issue in sshd_config.
- Added a save button when you click to the system modal from the sidebar.
- Added support for free-text search on parameters.
- Fixed LDAP options help text to improve clarity.
- Added ability to write migration history without running the actual migration.
- Removed instance analytics settings from the console menu.
- Removed double tracking on the settings page.
- Changed the User tab Settings to typescript.
- Added more detailed feedback for malformed HTTP ingestion API requests.
- Refactored unomalyweb to remove immutable structures.
September 4, 2019
Unomaly 3.5.5 includes the following changes:
- Added new experimental feature: Anomalies details.
- Added a “remove selection” button to the graph.
- Added the ability to select from/to time-range in the Event Profile side panel.
- Additional improvements to Event Profile side panel.
- Fixed an issue where versions of Unomaly older than 3.4.0 would fail to upgrade.
- Fixed an issue, which caused the API to hang while starting.
- Fixed an issue where highlight values did not display properly.
- Fixed an issue where “contact support” linked to an incorrect URL.
- Various UI/UX improvements, including a updated sharing modal.
August 21, 2019
Unomaly 3.5.4 includes the following changes:
- Fixed an issue preventing transportd from starting correctly.
- Fixed an issue where the token aggregator didn't reload the system after the license expired.
- Fixed a bug in 3rd party library where LDAP authentication sometimes failed if the LDAP server responded too quickly.
- Changed the database write strategy to reduce IO write operations.
- Improved logging for LDAP authentication while tracing is enabled.
- Fixed a bug where the sidepanel close button was too big for Firefox.
July 31, 2019
Unomaly 3.5.3 includes the following changes:
- Fixed a bug where the main menu opened behind the profile details sidebar.
- Added support for Content-Encoding: gzip in ingest API.
- Implemented multithreaded processing of logs in the token aggregator.
- Fixed a bug that prevented offline instances from making backups.
July 24, 2019
Unomaly 3.5.2 includes the following changes:
- Added new experimental feature: event profile details.
- Published on NATS asynchronously to improve performance.
- Fixed issue where transportd could not connect to syslog-ng.
- Read the /etc/hosts file as part of doing reverse DNS lookups using the hostlookup tool.
- Reused memory in tokenization step to improve performance.
July 17, 2019
Unomaly 3.5.1 includes the following changes:
- Fixed issue where the anomalies table could fill up the disk.
- Fixed issue where an index creation migration could time out.
- Fixed issue where Safari sometimes scrolls to the top when expanding situations and anomalies.
- Fixed issue where the set filters would not apply when clicking on the same menu entry twice.
July 10, 2019
Unomaly 3.5 includes the following changes:
- Fixed an issue where metrics did not send if there was an invalid bearer token.
- Fixed an error where a deleted system was not properly removed.